Photographs

DavePace
Site Admin

Photographs

Post by DavePace » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:58 am

Fred and Betty Gray have very kindly sent me some excellent photographs to add to the AEA site. Though I still have a lot of work to do on the Roll of Honour content I will get these photos scanned and uploaded ASAP, will post here once that's done.
The best thing about being Airborne is never having to miss an opportunity to remind people you're better than they are

DavePace
Site Admin

Re: Photographs

Post by DavePace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Have started scanning the photos from Fred & Betty, should be uploaded to site within the next few days
The best thing about being Airborne is never having to miss an opportunity to remind people you're better than they are

BobWatts

Post by BobWatts » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:44 am

Will look forward to viewing those Dave, Remember Fred, on several occasions wandering around with his camera taking coloured photo's when the majority of us only had Black and white film. In fact it was Fred who took the coloured photo's of Aubrey Smith, Danny Daniels, and myself at Odiham, and the Group shot at Hankley Common, which are posted on my Photos on site. So no doubt there are a few crackers in his collection .

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Bob, there are some really good photos, the standout one for me in terms of uniqueness is Willy Wiltshire being awarded his LS&GC by Haile Salassie, there is also a good informal colour photo of 1 Troop from 1968.

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I've just uploaded the first 20 photos. You can view them here http://airbornesappers.org.uk/gallery/g ... edgray.htm

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 am

Added more of Fred's photos

BobWatts

Post by BobWatts » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Old Fred has come up trumps again, there are some good ones there. Thanks to Fred and yourself for providing and posting some interesting shots, long may it continue. Well done guys ! :)

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:59 am

I'm processing another batch of photos from Fred and Betty Gray, as is the norm there are some really good ones. Once uploaded to the site I'll post in here to let you know

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Thu May 09, 2019 9:54 am