If you're having any difficulty using the Message Board please post here, or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to send an email to Admin
John

Post by John » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Trying to download or is it upload a picture from my own collection to put as an avatar is as simple as the first time I tried to master logarithms . The size permissions on 'ere must be the strangest ever.........I've carried out this miracle on other sites "simples". After 8 unsuccessful attempts , sod it "whiskey o'clock ". If I get pissed tonight it'll be ur fault .
But who are ye in rags and rotten shoes , you dirty bearded , blocking up the way.....Open the gate , O watchman of the night !

DavePace
Site Admin

Re: AVATAR

Post by DavePace » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Bob Watts had similar problem recently. I currently have all the default avatar settings in place, which I can adjust. File dimensions restricted to 90x90 pixels, which I thought was a reasonable size, however I've adjusted the max dimensions to 150x150 pixels. There is also a kilobyte limit which I've increased to 12000 KiB. Hope this fixes your problem, if not just pour another whiskey and let me know

Quite happy to take the blame for your alcohol consumption :D
The best thing about being Airborne is never having to miss an opportunity to remind people you're better than they are

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:27 pm

Hard to remember which photos I was playing with and messed up , but one survivor shows ,Dimensions 76 x 63 : Size 24.1 KB. It's buckshee Dave ,ain't no big thing , just that similar designed sites were easier to master and accepted slightly larger pics. Right that's enough for tonight.........SlangeVar.
But who are ye in rags and rotten shoes , you dirty bearded , blocking up the way.....Open the gate , O watchman of the night !

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 pm

I'd like to get it working as expected, the settings behind all this are a bit of a maze and I'm still finding my way around. I've made a further change to file size, now 25000 bytes (25 kilobytes). As per my previous post file dimensions are set to max of 150x150 pixels. Apologies for messing you about
The best thing about being Airborne is never having to miss an opportunity to remind people you're better than they are

TestUser

Post by TestUser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 pm

I'm a test user. I've created this avatar and uploaded via user control panel. File is 22.5KB in size

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:01 pm

John, just tested uploading an avatar and it worked fine within the file size and dimensinions I currently have set (see my previous posts for details). Is your avatar by any chance an animated gif?

Click on your name at top right of window,
then click on user control panel,
then click on the profile tab,
then click on edit avatar
select upload avatar from the avatar type dropdown list, I'm assuming the avatar is on your local drive, however you can upload from a url too
Once the upload is complete the avatar image will appear in the user control panel window, then click submit

Hope this helps

Dave

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 pm

That's it Dave nailed it.......well done mate

DavePace
Site Admin

Post by DavePace » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Perfect!